Last Modified: February 12, 2018
PDL is a partnership of a nonprofit management expert and a marketing technologist which provides consulting services for non-profits. PDL makes no representations about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, or accuracy of the services or other information accessed through the Platform, whether in public, private, or offline interactions. It is solely Your responsibility to determine if services on the Platform will meet Your needs and expectations.
PDL provides consulting services and analysis of nonprofits’ online donation forms. PDL offers services to help nonprofits streamline their online donation forms to make them user-friendly, efficient, and effective. Through the Platform, You may engage PDL to analyze Your online donation forms and them provide You a personal consultation to help leverage Your website to increase contributions, as well as guidance to implement new ways to help Your donors feel appreciated and informed. PDL’s services are intended for nonprofit organizations within in the United States and Canada that currently offer a donation form on their website or mobile application.
This agreement remains in full force and effect while You use the Platform. We may terminate or suspend Your access to the Platform at any time, for any reason, and without advance notice. If we do so, You accept that You do not have a contractual or legal right to continue to use our Platform. All provisions of the Terms shall survive termination by either party, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
The Platform is intended only for access and use by individuals at least eighteen (18) years old within the United States or Canada. By accessing or using any of the Platform, You warrant and represent that You are in the United States or Canada and You are at least eighteen (18) years old and with the full authority, right, and capacity to enter into this Agreement and abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If You are not in the United States or Canada and are not at least eighteen (18) years old, You are prohibited from both the access and usage of the Platform. If You believe a user is under the age of 18 or outside of the required geographical limits, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Accessing the Platform
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Platform, and any service or material we provide on the Platform, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Platform is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Platform, or the entire Platform, to users.
Changes to the Platform
We may update the content on the Platform from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Platform may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The fee for engaging PDL’s basic or comprehensive assessment services will be clearly indicated on the Platform prior to purchase of the service(s). All fees are listed in US dollars. Fees are subject to change without notice. Payments must be made online using any major credit card (VISA, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express) at the time You purchase an assessment by PDL.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Platform and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof), are owned by PDL, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the material on the Platform, except as it is created and owned by You.
- You must not delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
- You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Platform or any services or materials available through the Platform, except as expressly advertised or permitted on the Platform.
PDL’s name and logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are the property of PDL or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of PDL. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on the Platform are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Reporting Claims of Copyright Infringement
We take claims of copyright infringement seriously. If You believe that any copyrighted material owned by You has been infringed upon by someone using the Platform, You may request removal of those materials from the Platform by submitting written notification to our Copyright Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org. In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), the written notice (the “DMCA Notice”) must include the following:
- Your name.
- The name and description of the work that is being infringed.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- Adequate information by which we can contact You (including Your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address).
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
If You fail to comply with all of these requirements, Your DMCA Notice may not be effective. Additionally, if You knowingly misrepresent that material or activity on the Platform is infringing Your copyright, You may be held liable for damages under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate PDL, a PDL employee, another user, or any other person or entity.
- In any way that infringes upon the rights of others, or in any way is illegal, threatening, fraudulent, or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, or harmful purpose or activity.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Platform, or which, as determined by us, may harm or offend PDL or users of the Platform or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Platform in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Platform or interfere with any other party’s use of the Platform, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Platform.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Platform for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Platform.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Platform or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Platform.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Platform, the server on which the Platform is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Platform.
- Attack the Platform via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Take any action that may damage or falsify the Company or Platform rating.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Platform.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone engaged with the Platform. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS PDL AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
Reliance on Information
We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Platform. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Platform, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
If You purchase an assessment service from PDL, any report, information, analysis, consultation, recommendation, advice, etc. that you receive from PDL should be used by You at Your own risk with no obligations, warrantees, or liabilities of any type by PDL. PDL’s services are provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied. PDL does not provide legal or tax services and You should consult a qualified professional before implementing PDL’s recommendations in Your organization. PDL shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss You suffer because of PDL’s services.
Links from the Platform
The Platform contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, but these links are provided for Your convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from Your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Platform, You do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
Users Outside the U.S.
The Platform is controlled and operated from the United States and is subject to its laws. Use of the Platform is restricted to use within the United States or Canada. If You choose to access the Platform outside of the United States, You do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
PDL values our users, but we understand that occasionally disputes may arise. Where permitted under applicable law, You and PDL agree that each may bring claims against the other only in Your or its individual capacity. By agreeing to the Terms, You agree to resolve all disputes through binding individual arbitration, which means that You waive any right to have those disputes decided by a judge or jury, and that You waive your right to participate in class actions, class arbitrations, private attorney-general actions or representative actions. Any arbitration under the Terms will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. You understand that by agreeing to the Terms, You and PDL are each waiving the right to trial by jury or to participate in a class action or class arbitration.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES PURCHASED, OBTAINED OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE PLATFORM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE PLATFORM, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE PLATFORM ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER PDL NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH PDL MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, SAFETY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE PLATFORM OR ANY RELATED USE OF THE PLATFORM. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER PDL NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH PDL REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE PLATFORM, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, SAFE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE PLATFORM OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE PLATFORM OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
PDL HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL PDL, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE PLATFORM, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE PLATFORM, OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF PDL AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS, TO ANY PARTY (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO PDL FOR THE APPLICABLE SERVICES IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OUT OF WHICH LIABILITY AROSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
The Platform is operated by Project Donor Love.
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Platform should be directed to email@example.com.